Please look for an email from Heather Peck regarding the updated Employee Handbook.
Simplicity is hosting a one-day Broker-Dealer Wholesaler Training on April 28 in Austin, TX for interested ADCs. More info forthcoming.
Mandatory Compliance and HR Training will be taking place in the next few months – please look for an email with registration details.
Simplicity is hosting its first-ever ADC Summit on April 29 in Austin, TX; Registration link forthcoming for all ADCs.
Next 30 Days
Simplicity Offices closed in observance of
*select offices; see your manager to confirm your office’s schedule
Learn how to harness the power of a proven sales process with an end-to-end sales experience that can help grow production and establish strong connections with new clients.
ABLTC Recruiting Webinar
Next 60 Days
Wealth Training Event for Current Advisors
On February 1st, the DOL enforcement date went into effect. Here are helpful reminders of what is currently required:
Agents should continue to determine whether each financial transaction is a fiduciary transaction. Agents may generally utilize the 84-24 exemption for insurance and annuity contracts that are considered fiduciary transactions.
How do I know if a transaction is a fiduciary transaction?
- You provide advice as to the value of securities/property, or recommendations as to the advisability of investing in, purchasing, or selling securities or other property;
- You provide (or anticipate providing) advice on a regular basis;
- The advice you provide is made pursuant to a mutual agreement, arrangement, or understanding with the plan, plan fiduciary, or IRA owner;
- The advice you provide will serve as a primary basis for investment decisions with respect to plan or IRA asset; and
- The advice is individualized based on the particular needs of the plan or IRA account.
If the agent is registered and affiliated with a Broker-Dealer or RIA there may be additional requirements that their compliance personnel can advise. The requirements may be in line with the other exemption: PTE 2020-02.
Will the DOL Rule be delayed?
Do agents need to send the 84-24 or any supporting documentation to the carrier? What documentation should they be obtaining?
Should you have specific questions regarding the DOL Rule, please feel free to contact Jared Margolies.